Sewing Classes (AGES 16+) WEDNESDAYS
Sewing Classes (Ages 16+)
Wanted to sew but have absolutely no idea where to start? Well fear no more - we have the perfect solution!
You can now extend your thread of knowledge with this sewing workshop for beginners.
Join Maya Charbin and a small group of student for sessions (1.5 hours) which offer an introduction to domestic sewing machines.
After learning the basics of sewing machines, you'll also have the opportunity to explore different stitching techniques and seams, all with easy techniques provided by your fashion host.
During the second half of the workshop, you will choose from a selection of fabrics to design and make your own “garment”!
1. Understanding the sewing machine and its functions
2. Threading on your bobbin and inserting in the machine
3. Threading the top threads - tips on what can go wrong and how to rectify
4. Sewing with fabric for the first time
5. Backstitching and securing your row of stitches
6. Experimenting with all the different stitch styles on your machine - and their uses
7. Sewing in straight line, around corners, around curves and spirals - using the foot control
8. Overlock / Zig-zag stitch to prep your fabrics for wearability
9. Sewing your first seam
10. Design and make your own “garment”
Don't miss out on this fantastic introduction where you're sure to leave understanding the basics of using a sewing machine, and ready to tackle your first garment!
Classes are in-person with the head designer. Get 5 professional sessions with Maya Charbin and work on a designer piece of your own.
Dates & Times:
Feb 8, 2023 – March 8, 2023 6:30 till 8 pm
Age Group: Ages 16+
Class size: max. 4 students
Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Fee: 250$ + HST for 5 sessions
There is no refund for missed classes. If there is a spot available in another class, we will offer it to you for a make up class.
All materials and equipment will be made available to the student.